Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Perfection in the cross. . .

Good Friday teaches me that failure is not to be avoided at all costs, but instead embraced as a great opportunity. Good Friday teaches me that my lifelong struggle for perfection is doomed to failure, and is chasing after the wind. Good Friday teaches me that I have no idea what is best for me, that pain and suffering have a purpose which I need not, and often should not, understand. Good Friday teaches me that God can make sparkling diamonds out of filthy coal, that my worst attributes, my most painful failures, the most disastrous events which have befallen me beyond my control, are but the building blocks of a new and far better life in hands of God.

Read:
Meditation on Good Friday | The Doctor Is In

Thank you, Doctor Bob, for this wonderful essay on the cross. It reads true and encourages me. - Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment