Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Palace of memories...

“You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.” - C. S. Lewis

Live long enough and your body slowly betrays you and sometimes takes your mind and soul with it.

If you knew to a dead, solid certainty that you were never going to be released from your room until you were released, at long last, from your body, what would you do? If you were a sane man, just what would you, at long last, do?

I don't know about you, but I would figure a way out and if that way out was only deeper in, that's where I'd go. I'd go deep into my palace of memories and I'd use all my energy to construct a world inside that was made of the most vivid moments of all the years I'd lived.

The Centenarian: Arthur Warner McNair @ AMERICAN DIGEST

L:
It seems Mother has gone deep into her palace of memories. It must be quite a place constructed over 91 years of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment