Monday, September 20, 2010

Winning is not everything?

"I'm supposed to be a different person now that I've won a slam. Everyone says so. But I don't feel that Wimbledon has changed me. I feel, in fact, as if I've been let in on a dirty little secret: winning changes nothing.

Now that I've won a slam, I know something that very few people on earth are permitted to know. A win doesn't feel as good as a loss feels bad, and the good feeling doesn't last as long as the bad. Not even close. -Andre Agassi,

L. The things of this world do not bring lasting happiness. I have felt exactly what Mr. Agassi says about winning. A loss holds a much greater sway upon the soul than a win. Perhaps it is the same thing as taking for granted a beautiful day with people you love with good food...versus a day of pain and trouble which makes you cry out to God ---
How long wilt Thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me? (Psalm 13:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment