Tuesday, September 14, 2010

CALVARY'S LOVE

"If I am content to heal a hurt slightly, saying "Peace, peace," where is no peace; if I forget the poignant word "Let love be without dissimulation" and blunt the edge of truth, speaking not right things but smooth things, then I know nothing of Calvary love." - Amy Carmichael, Missionary to India

AND YET

Have I been so long time with thee
And yet hast thou not known Me?

Blessed Master, I have know Thee
On the roads of Galilee.

Have I been so long time with thee
On the roads of Galilee:
Yet, my child, hast thou not known Me
When I walked upon the sea?

Blessed Master, I have known Thee
On the roads and on the sea.

Therefore then hast thou not known Me
Broken in Gethsemane?

I would have thee follow, know Me
Thorn-crowned, nailed upon the Tree.
Canst thou follow, wilt thou know Me
All the way to Calvary?

(Amy Carmichael)

No comments:

Post a Comment