Saturday, February 27, 2010

Darkness...

You may be afraid to face the years ahead. You’re not the only one, but if you extinguish the light of your faith and wisdom, you consign others to darkness.

Hot Air » » A prayer from the living world

I suffered from a crippling depression in 2003/4 that came after a traumatic event. In my hopelessness, I turned to my faith in God. My belief that God cared about me and had a greater purpose for my life inspired me to get up off the couch. I began walking each day. First it was 100 yards…and eventually I could walk around the block, and then more.

I memorized scripture, in particular, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

My stronghold was the erroneous belief that things would never get better. I learned that I was not defined by my fears…that Truth was not only worth listening to, but worth living for.

It took 9 months of discipline to recover from the deepest hole of my life…and months beyond that to be 100%. God did his work in me as I paid attention and chose to take my thoughts captive. There is hope. I found Hope.

(From a comment from LEBA on February 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment