Thursday, April 8, 2010

Can we change?

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. -Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ, c.1420

I like the wisdom of us trying to fix others and cannot, but I refuse to believe the life lived in Christ is unable to work effectually to change me.

I'm a New Creation in Christ and now can put on the new nature, and put off my old nature as I walk around in my flesh body. I'm not the person I was, and I do hope I have some years to allow the outworking of the salvation I have received already, in Christ.

"Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth...in the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him:" ( Colossians 3:5 - 10).

I can't make myself as I want to be, but I have the power of God working within me to transform me if I allow Him to work. I'm transforming every day. Praise the goodness and power of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment