Monday, October 26, 2009

Transformation of the real. . .

We know (I didn't know but assume the writer is correct) from 100 years of psychoanalytic investigation that an early trauma, often buried or unavailable to consciousness, is the motif that plays through our lives. We meet it again and again in different disguises. We are wounded again in the same place. This doesn't turn us into victims. Rather, we are people in search of a transformation of the real. - Jeanette Winterson, WSJ, October 17 - 18, 2009

I would say the gospel of Jesus Christ is the transformation of the real that every person needs:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Corinthians 5.17).

Those of us who have experienced this transformation have a debt to those who have not found it. People are seeking transformation, and the world system has not answered the loss deep in the human psyche.

I can attest that the new creation found in Christ, is the new creation every soul is yearning for. I praise God for the day when the Holy Spirit witnessed to my spirit my need, and Jesus Christ's total provision for that need, which I accepted by faith. What a glorious transformation took place that moment.

Try it yourself, you'll like it!

Yes, and so much more. You will glory in it every day of your life.

Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul,
Thank you, Lord, for making me whole,
Thank you, Lord, for giving to me,
Thy great salvation, so rich and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment