Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fish & Chips


Down is Up, Unfair is Fair and Ignorance is Bliss by Victoria Jackson:

I woke up in the middle of the night and realized the trick.

You see, evil doesn’t just show up. It disguises itself as something nice; so you’ll let it in.

It tricks you.

Murdering babies is called Pro-Choice.

Unfair Censorship is called The Fairness Doctrine.

Outlandish Taxes and the Death of Freedom is called Cap & Trade.

Sounds like Fish & Chips.

L.:

Isaiah the prophet has some strong words about "straight talkin'"...

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:18-25). Read the whole reference and be thankful that we are living in the age of God's grace, when He is holding back His wrath, and that we are not Israel, (His people) in Isaiah's time.

But, don't be ignorant, as Paul says, there is a time of judgment coming on the evils of this world, "wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God" (Romans 2:5).

How grateful, and with my inner-man bowed, I am to our wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ, who took upon Himself the wrath of a just God, at the cross, so I do not have to suffer this wrath.

I rejoice in 2 Cor. 5:21, "For He (God the Father) made Him (God the Son, Jesus Christ) to be sin for us (me and you too), who knew no sin (the only totally righteous man); that we (me and you) might be made the righteousness of God in Him (Jesus Christ)".

And every heart in Christ responds with great joy, "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name" (Psalm 103:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment